As of March 16th the Provincial Health Authority has banned gatherings of more than 50 people. We want to make sure we are adhering to the requests of our authority and we want everyone to remain healthy so we will be going online for our Sunday service.
You can join us on LIVE on Sunday's at 10:30am and watch previous services on our Listen page
Groups will also be going online starting this week. Please check here for information about groups. If you have not received an email with a link to access your online group please contact your group leader.
Remember that it is important during this season to reach out to our community in safe ways. Call or video chat with your family and friends, write letters to isolated or vulnerable people, and if you are able, run errands for those who are not.
For more information on the COVID-19 pandemic please visit the Health Canada website.
Some key updates from the government include:
- Everyone is encouraged to stay home except to go to the store for essentials.
- If you are feeling unwell you are asked to self-isolate at home and seek medical attention only if necessary. Please follow the instructions laid out by Health Canada if you need to seek medical attention. There is also a self-assessment tool hosted by the government of BC that can help you decide what to do if you feel unwell.
- K-12 Schools are closed indefinitely and local districts are working to generate a plan to support students at home.
- Economic/financial support is being offered for people who are forced to miss work for illness or layoffs. There are many policy adjustments to the access to EI, increase the child benefit amount, and ease the financial strain on mortgages, student loans and taxes.
- If you need direct financial support from the government of Canada click here to read about your options and apply.
- Looking for more information on the Temporary Rental Supplement? Here is the FAQ posted on the BC Housing website.
Check back for updates!